Windows 10 error code 0x800704c7 is one of the most ridiculous error codes ever generated due to missing or corrupt files on a computer. The error code appears with an error note “There was a problem installing some updates, a feature update in Windows 10, version 1709 – error 0x800704c7”. Many users are confused with this error code because it continuously affects their system and prevents their computer from being updated. Windows 10 error code 0x800704c7 crashes many applications running which can severely damage computer systems. So, if you are one of those people who are desperate and want to find some effective remedies to fix this problem, then you have come to the right place. In this material, we will share all the root causes and possible solutions to solve this dilemma as soon as possible.
Causes of Error code 0x800704c7 on windows 10
If you are receiving program-specific updates on your computer for Windows 10, version 1709 – error 0x800704c7, several possible reasons may explain this problem. This error is usually caused by a missing or corrupted system file. Sometimes background apps that interface to Windows apps can also cause this error. If you are using an older version of the application driver, this is another major doubt about this issue. However, we have enough solutions to solve this problem, which we will discuss in the next section.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error code 0x800704c7
To help protect your computer from error code 0x800704c7, we have put in place some quick and effective solutions. You can use any or all of the solutions described below to get your computer back in working order as before.
Method 1: Turn off Microsoft Security Essentials on your Windows
Third-party security products may cause some inconvenience about this error code on your Windows. Therefore, you must turn off these security services on your computer to avoid this problem. Follow the steps given below to complete the task:
- First, turn on the computer and navigate to the Settings option from the Windows Search pane.
- After that, find the Microsoft Security Essentials icon in the left pane of the screen and click on it.
- Now click on the Settings tab in the Windows notification area.
- After that, click on the real-time security option and uncheck the box.
- Finally, click the Disable option and then click Save as Screen option to save the changes.
After successful, shut down all required security services, restart the computer normally, and see if error code 0x800704c7 exists. If you are still facing this problem and the above method does not help, try another solution below.
Method 2: Repair Corrupt Windows System Files
If you are confirmed that your Windows 10 error code is affected by 0x800704c7, then you need to repair all corrupt Windows system files. To eliminate this error you must run the SFC tool. Follow the steps given below to complete the task:
- First, turn on the computer and press the Windows key + X on your keyboard at the same time to apply Device Manager.
- When Device Manager opens, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option at the very bottom of the screen.
- Type SFC / Scannow in the command box and press the Enter key to start the repair process.
- Finally, click on Show Results when the scan is complete and click on the repair option at the bottom of the screen to complete the task.
After successful repair of all corrupt files on your Windows 10, restart the computer and see if the error code exists. If the problem persists, you can try another method described below.
Method 3: Launch DISM Tools on Your Windows 10
The deployment and servicing image management tool is another useful feature provided by Windows that allows computers to recover from Windows corruption or system files. To run the DISM tool on your computer, follow the steps below:
- First, turn on your computer and press the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen to apply the search pane.
- When the search pane opens, type “cmd” in the search box and press the enter key or click on that option to open the action.
- After that, find the command prompt option in the search results list and click on it and take action.
- Now click Run as the admin option at the very bottom of the screen and wait for the command box to be displayed.
- When the command box appears on the next screen, type “DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth” in the command box and press Enter.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions and wait until the process is complete.
Finally, click the Finish button and restart the computer as usual to complete this method. Now check for error code 0x800704c7 to see if it continues. If the above method still does not work or an error code exists, try another solution below.
Method 4: Repair the registry entries associated with the store cache
If the registry files are corrupt or unavailable, it will result in error code 0x800704c7 on your Windows system. You must restore all deleted registry entries associated with the store cache to resolve this issue. Follow the steps given below to complete the task successfully:
- Turn on your computer and you can see the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen. After that, click on this key to proceed to the next screen.
- When the Windows Search panel opens, type “command” in the search box and press the Enter button, while pressing Ctrl + Shift.
- After that, when the authorization dialog opens, click Yes.
- Now it will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “Regedit” in the box and press the Enter key to move to the next one.
- Select the corresponding entries from the Task Host window in the Registry Editor folder at the top. And, at the end of the result choose the Export option from the File menu.
- Select the folder in the list in which you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then the file will be saved under “.reg file extension”.
After you complete all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and see if the error code 0x800704c7 is resolved. If you still have a problem regarding this error, try another method below.
Method 5: Disable the third-party antivirus program and Windows Firewall program from Control Panel
As mentioned above, this error can be caused by interference with antivirus. So you have to disable the app for a few hours to resolve this error code. Follow the steps given below to complete the task successfully:
- First, press the Windows Start key from the lower-left edge of the screen.
- Now type “Control Panel” in the search pane and press the enter key to open the action.
- Go to System and Security Options at the top of the search results and click on Windows Defender Options.
- In the left pane of the window, click on the top or closed Windows Firewall and close the point.
- After this, click on the Save option at the bottom of the screen and close all tabs.
After successfully disabling the firewall feature from the control panel, restart the computer normally, and see if the error code is resolved. If the error persists or the above method does not help, try another solution below.
Method 6: Restore the system to your Windows 10
If none of the above methods have worked, then you need to reinstall your PC to eliminate this error code. PC Restore takes you back in time and helps you get your PC back to normal. Follow the steps given below to complete the task:
- As a first step, turn on your computer and locate the Windows Start menu in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- After that type, the control panel in the search pane and press the enter key to invoke the action.
- Now when the control panel opens, type recovery in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Click on the option and choose the Open System Restore option from the list of search results.
- After that select a restore point and click on the Next option to start the process.
Finally, click on the restore button when the restore is complete and close all tabs on your desktop. Now restart the computer as usual and you are not affected by the feature update of Windows 10, version 1709 – error 0x800704c7.
We have given all the top 6 solutions to recover your computer from error code 0x800704c7. You can use any of these solutions or all of the solutions shown below to fix the 0x800704c7 error. Hope the above article was quite beneficial to teach you how to fix the feature update in Windows 10, version 1709 – error 0x800704c7. If the error code still exists, or if the above methods do not work, there may be other internal faults or hardware issues. In this case, the only recourse is for you to hand over your computer to an expert. Finally, we suggest you submit your valuable comments here in the comment box so that we can understand your experience.