Windows users often complain that the Bonjour service is running in the background and is consuming a lot of system memory. You may not have installed it automatically, but it was installed with an app that needed Bonjour to function properly.
Therefore, if you have uninstalled this service, some applications may stop working. However, you can easily turn it off. But, if you do not know how to remove Bonjour from your Windows 10 PC, then go over the section below carefully.
What is Bonjour Service?
The service is connected to a Bonjour application that integrates with Apple OS like macOS and iOS. This application is used to easily find shared devices on the local network.
It can also be used to find shared printers and Internet Explorer plugins for an application’s local web server. However, this application is not part of the Windows installation and can be installed later.
Typically, the Windows operating system does not support applications related to Apple. This is why some applications rely on the Bonjour service to run them on Windows PCs.
How to Remove Bonjour Service on Windows 10
There are several ways to remove the Bonjour service. Here we will provide them. Therefore, you can check the following methods:
Method 1: Using the Control Panel
You can easily remove the Bonjour service using the control panel. Here are the steps you can follow:
- First, press the R and Win keys simultaneously from the keyboard to open the command dialog box.
- Next, press “Control Panel” in the input field and then press the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Now go to the programs category and click on the “uninstall programs” section.
- Once it opens the list of installed programs, find the “Hello” program by scrolling through the list and right-clicking on it.
- Press the Uninstall button and confirm the action by pressing the OK button in the pop-up window.
- Finally, exit the control panel and then restart the system.
- Now you can check if the Bonjour service has been removed from the system. If not, you can proceed to the other methods described below.
Method 2: Using Powers
You can also remove the Bonjour service using Powershell. You can follow the steps given below to do this:
- First, open the run command box, then type “PowerShell” in the input field.
- Then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now type “% PROGRAMFILES% \ Bonjour \ mDNSResponder.exe” –remove in Powershell and then press the Enter key.
- Then type “regsvr32 / u”% PROGRAMFILES% \ Bonjour \ mdnsNSP.dll and press Enter to run.
- Now open “C: \ Program Files \” and find the Bonjour folder. Right-click on it, then choose the “Delete” option from the list.
After performing the above steps, restart the system and then check if the issue is resolved. Otherwise, you can use the following solution as a last resort.
Method 3: Using the “services.msc” command
According to some users, they removed the Bonjour service using the “services.msc” command. To use this command, you can follow these steps:
- First, open the Run dialog box and type “services.msc” in the dialog box.
- Press the OK button to continue.
- Now scroll down and find “Bonjour Service”. Double click on it.
- Press the stop button to remove this service from the list.
- After that, tap on the “Startup Type” drop-down button.
- Choose the “Disable” option from the list.
- Then press the Apply button to apply the changes.
- Finally, close the window by clicking on the OK button.
Now restart the system and check if the Bonjour service is disabled.
Hopefully, after applying the above methods in their proper order, you can remove the Bonjour service from your Windows 10 PC. To learn more about a similar topic, you can follow our website regularly.