Are you sure that your office currently has the best Windows?
On January 14, 2020, Microsoft will end all extended support for Windows 7, which means they will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. It’s not the official apocalypse, but it certainly feels like one.
To help you make the best informed decision, here’s our list of helpful tips:
Can I still use Windows 7 after the official support ends?
Short answer: Yes you can.
However, your PC will be exposed to newer (and smarter) generations of computer viruses, malware, spywares, Trojans, ransomwares… Definitely not worth the risk.
Also, remember all the new features that Windows provide every season? You will be cut off from these shiny updates as well.
Can I get a free upgrade to Windows 10?
When Windows 10 first launched in 2015, they offered free upgrade from previous Windows version to Windows 10 for a full year.
Now that ship has long sailed, Microsoft 365 Business users with a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Pro license on their device still can upgrade all of their old Windows Pro licensed devices to Windows 10 at no additional cost.
Is Windows 10 gonna slow my computer?
Given the same hardware setup, Windows 8.1 is faster than Windows 7, and Windows 10 is even faster than Windows 8.1 in startup speed and processing speed.
Does Windows 10 have good security feature?
Windows 10 inherits the Secure Boot feature from Windows 8 and makes it even more secure. This requires any code that runs right when the OS starts be signed by Microsoft or the hardware maker.
Unlike Windows 8, Windows 10 PCs can be set up so that this feature may not be bypassed.
Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using fingerprint or facial recognition.
Other security features for Windows 10 include:
- Device Guard: a combination of enterprise-related hardware and software security features that, when configured together, will lock a device down so that it can only run trusted applications.
- Microsoft Passport: consists of 2 services – a single Sign-in service that allows members to use a single name and password to log in, and a Wallet service that members can use to make fast, convenient online purchases.
- Windows Hello: a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using fingerprint or facial recognition.
But it takes too much time to install and setup Windows for all computer in my office!
You can also configure your business’s computers quickly with Windows Autopilot in Windows 10.
For example, an employee can take a new computer, connect it to your office network, and it will automatically be configured to your business's required settings.
This feature makes configuring, managing, and resetting your business's computers easier, faster, and more secure.
Autopilot is available in the Education, Enterprise and Professional editions of Windows 10, and an account with Azure Active Directory is required.
And in case you have further problems with setting up Windows, our Professional Support team at Windboy is always ready to help!
We can go on and on…
The list is endless:
- Safer web browsing with Windows Defender Application Guard
- Stronger malware security tools with Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Universal apps store where you can run in their own sandboxes
- The infamous Touch feature and Cortana support
You can find the Microsoft Windows 8.1, 32/64 bit License ($20.99) at our store, but if you want to use the latest version of Windows, make sure to check out these products: